Broken jowar or so called as jowar nutchu is really good for health. The khichadi prepared from it with lot of vegetables makes it tasty and healthy meal dish.
- 1 Cup broken jowar (nutchu)
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 Small cup green peas
- Red and green capsicum finely chopped ( small cup)
- 1 Medium size onion finely chopped
- Fresh curry leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp. oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Take a bowl of broken jowar add water to it and keep it in water for few mins. Then drain all the water and keep aside.
- Take a container on heater and add oil to it. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, curry leaves, onion, green chillies and fry till onion is golden brown.
- Now add capsicum and green peas and fry till they are soft.
- Add 3 cups of water, salt, sugar and coriander leaves.
- Once the water starts boiling add the broken jowar and keep on stirring so that no lumps should be formed.
- Cook till the khichadi becomes bit thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.