Brinjal curry is always prepared with the traditional method. But this time I tried it out in a different way. With fresh grinded masala made the curry very tasty.
- 2 Brinjal thinly sliced
- 1 Small cup fresh peas
- 1 Cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp. jeera
- 1 small cup Fresh coriander leaves
- 3 to 4 green chillies cut in to pieces
- 1 Inch ginger cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- Jaggery as per requirement
- Mustard seeds and turmeric powder 1 tbsp.
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Grind the fresh coconut, jeera, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger in to paste and keep aside.
- Take a container on heater add oil and once the oil is hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, and brinjal and fry it for few mins.
- Add fresh peas and fry it well.
- Add the grinded paste and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add water a little bit so that the paste should not stick .
- Add salt, jaggery and coriander powder and cook for 5 mins till al the masala mixes well.
- Serve hot with chapati or roti.