Brinjal curry is always prepared with the traditional method. But this time I tried it out in a different way. With fresh grinded masala made the curry very tasty.
- 2 Brinjal thinly sliced
- 1 Small cup fresh peas
- 1 Cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp. jeera
- 1 small cup Fresh coriander leaves
- 3 to 4 green chillies cut in to pieces
- 1 Inch ginger cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- Jaggery as per requirement
- Mustard seeds and turmeric powder 1 tbsp.
- Oil 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Grind the fresh coconut, jeera, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger in to paste and keep aside.
- Take a container on heater add oil and once the oil is hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, and brinjal and fry it for few mins.
- Add fresh peas and fry it well.
- Add the grinded paste and fry it for 2 mins.
- Add water a little bit so that the paste should not stick .
- Add salt, jaggery and coriander powder and cook for 5 mins till al the masala mixes well.
- Serve hot with chapati or roti.
Badanekai yennegai is a common vegetable recipe prepared by South Indians especially karnataka people. It is consumed with jowar roti’s as it makes a perfect combination. Its common to prepare yennegai with onion and garlic with lot of oil. But i have tried to present this yennegai with different touch. Ya without onion and garlic. Just try it !!!!!!!!!!!! it tastes good and different.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Small size brinjal (Badanekai ) 4 to 5
- Coconut grated 1 Cup
- A small piece of ginger
- 1 Tbsp jeers
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanut powder and a tbsp jaggery
- Fresh curry leaves and coriander leaves
- 3 to 4 green chilli’s
- Oil 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds and turmeric powder 1/2 a Tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Grind the coconut, ginger green chillies, jeera, coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Now take a the brinjals and slit in so that we can fill the coconut stuffing.
- Take a pan on heater add oil once hot add mustard seeds, allow it to crackle, add curry leaves, turmeric powder
- Now place the stuffed brinjal and allow it to cook with closed lid
- Once they are done add the remaining coconut paste and fry it with brinjals
- Add bit water , salt, jaggery and cook for 5 mins till the gravy thickens
- Add the roasted peanut powder mix well and cook for another 2 mins
- Garnish it with coriander leaves
- Serve hot with jowar roti’s or chapati