One more dish which I prepared out of Avarekalu is Avarekalu pulao. Simple quick and tasty rice that can be prepared with less ingredients. It is a good dish for the lunch box for kids. Raita along with it adds more taste.
- 1 Cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 Cup Avarekalu ( hyacinth bean)
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 Cup fresh coconut grated
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 Cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp. jeera and mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp. coriander powder.
- Oil 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh curry leaves
- 1/4 tbsp. of sugar and a pinch of hing.
Grind the coconut, ginger, coriander leaves , jeera and green chillies in to paste and keep aside.
Take a cooker pan on heater add oil and once it is hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle. Now add curry leaves, coconut paste and hing and fry it in oil. Add Avarekalu and cook for few mins.
Now add 2 cups of water , salt, sugar, coriander powder to it.
Add the uncooked rice ( wash twice in water and drain all the water) to it and close the lid and cook it for 2 whistle.
Serve hot with raita.