Avarekalu Akki Rotti is one of the famous breakfast recipe of Bangloreans. We make lot of dishes out of Avarekalu. Rotti is also among them. It tastes good with coconut chutney or yogurt. But I tried it out with tomato bisi uppinkai. It was really tasty and was a good combination.
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1 Cup Avarekalu
- 2 green chillies crushed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp of fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. jeera
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Pressure cook the Avarekalu for 2 whistle. Drain all the water and keep aside.
- Crush the green chillies, jeera and coriander leaves in a mixer and make into paste.
- Take the rice flour in a bowl add the onion, green chilli paste, Avarekalu and salt.
- Add water to it bit by bit and make a dough much softer than chapati dough and make small balls
- Now take a non stick pan or tava apply oil on its surface and take the dough ball start pressing on the tava with the palm and make a circle.( Tips: apply oil to u hand and press so that the dough will not stick)
- Keep it on the heater with the lid closed so that it will be cooked very well
- Once you find it is done reverse it and keep for 1 mins
- Repeat the same process for other dough balls
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or with any curry