One of the famous North Indian vegetable curry is Rajma Palak curry. Here the Rajma (red kidney beans) is cooked in a spinach gravy. It tastes good with roti’s and plain rice.
- 1 Cup Rajma
- 1 Bunch spinach leaves cleaned
- 2 Tomatoes cut in to pieces
- 1 Medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh cream
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Soak Rajma in water overnight.
- Pressure cook it with 4 to 5 whistles. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Now boil the spinach in water and drain all the water and allow it to cool.
- Grind spinach and tomato in a mixer to a paste and keep aside.
- Take a container on heater. Add oil and once the oil is hot add onion and fry it.
- Once the onion turns golden brown add palak and rajma in to it.
- Add water as required.
- Now salt, red chilli powder, garam masala is added.
- Cook till all the gravy becomes thick
- Add fresh cream and serve hot.