Today I tried out a vegetable which was well suited for dosa.. It was a simple aloo curry that will suit dosa as well chapati. Just added fresh peas to it. Bit spicy but very tasty. Try this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2 Medium size potatoes peeled and cut in to small pieces
- 2 Medium size onion finely sliced
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Inch ginger
- 2 Medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 and half Tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds and turmeric powder
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 Small cup fresh peas / frozen peas
Take a container on heater add a tbsp of oil once hot add garlic and ginger and fry it. Now add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
Add half of the tomatoes and fry it for 2 mins. Allow this to cool. Once cool grind this onion along with red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander leaves in a jar and grind it in to paste.Keep aside.
Take another container on heater add 1 tbsp of oil and once hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle. Add half of the tomatoes and fry it. Add potatoes and fry it in the oil. Now add 1 cup of water and close the lid till the potatoes are cooked well. In between stir the potatoes and check it out if boiled. Once it is boiled add the onion paste and peas to it and mix well. Add salt and cook well till the gravy thickens.
Serve with dosa or chapati.