Ragi Rotti is a from Karnataka cuisine. It is a popular dish in rural areas of southern karnataka. It is similar to akki rotti. Ragi (finger millet) rotti is high calcium , iron and fibre rich dish that can be prepared in breakfast or in the lunch. The vegetables like carrot, kohlrabi (navil kosu), onions can be added and makes this rotti much tastier.
- 2 Cups Ragi Flour (finger millet)
- 1 Medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 Small cup carrot grated
- 1 Small cup Kohlrabi grated (skin is peeled off)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Green chillies crushed
- A small cup of fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Oil 2 tbsp for each rotti
- 1 Tbsp jeera and coriander powder
Take the ragi flour in a bowl and add the onion, chilli, carrot, kohlrabi,coriander leaves, jeera and coriander powder and salt and mix well. Now add water bit by bit and knead the dough. Take a non stick pan and apply oil to it. Now take a small dough ball and press this dough with the palm to a circular shape in the pan . Keep this pan on heater on low flame and close a lid till it is cooked. Now turn the other side and cook it. Repeat the same process for the rest. Serve hot with yogurt or coconut chutney.