Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants, especially when fresh, steamed, or quickly boiled.We make lot of dishes with spinach leaf. Along with the leaf the stem of spinach can be utilized to make chutney. It tastes very good when eaten with chapati and curd rice.
- A small bunch of palak stem cut into piece
- Few palak leaves
- 3 to 4 green chillies
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 Tbsp of til
- A small tamarind
- A small piece of Jaggery
- Few curry leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Oil 1 tbsp
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder and hing
- Take a pan on heater add oil once hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, palak stem, leaves, ginger, curry leaves, green chillies,til and fry it.
- Once cool add salt, tamarind, coriander leaves , Jaggery and grind it.
- Serve with chapati or curd rice.