Chirote/Chiroti is the sweet prepared during Diwali. It is Maharashtrian dish.It can be prepared by two methods one is by dipping chirote in sugar syrup and the other one is using powdered sugar on the top of chirote. Here is the recipe of the second type.
- 2 Small cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 Cup Chirote Rava ( Fine coarse semolina)
- 1/2 Cup oil and ghee to make dough
- Salt a pinch
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- Oil for Frying
- 4 Tbsp ghee
How to make dough:
- Take all purpose flour and chirote rava in a bowl add salt and Oil and ghee to it.
- Now with the water make the dough bit hard than chapati dough and keep it closed in thin wet cloth for 2 hours.
How to proceed
- Make the balls from the dough and with the rolling pin make the circle of about 15 diameter. Apply ghee to it.
- Now take one more dough and make circle and apply ghee to it and place it over other one
- Now fold the edges side ways and top ways. Fold into a rectangular shape
- Now fry these squares in the oil on medium flame till they are golden brown. Also press them so that the inner layer will be fried and remain crispy for longer days
- Take it off from the oil and when hot sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top and chirote is ready.
- Repeat the same process for the other dough balls.
- Here is the crispy and sweet chirote.