Kesar Bath is one of my favourite sweet. It is easy and quick sweet that can be prepared any time. I prepared it on durgashtami during navaratri. Everybody liked it.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3/4 Cup sugar for mild sweet else 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cardamom powder
- 4 to 5 Laung
- 4 to 5 cashew nuts made into pieces
- 4 to 5 almonds made into pieces
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 1/2 Tbsp saffron
- A pinch of orange colour
- 2 Cup milk
- Fry the cashew nuts and almond in the 1 tbsp of ghee till they are golden brown and keep aside.
- Wash the rice in the water and drain all the water.
- Now take the pan on heater add 1 tbsp ghee once hot add Laung( Lavang) and rice and fry it till we get nice aroma.
- Now add milk and saffron to the rice and cook it till rice is done on medium flame.
- Now add orange colour, sugar, cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts, almond and ghee and mix it well and turn off heater. ( do not cook further once sugar is added).
- Serve hot