Baingan Ka bharta is the dish prepared by Indians and Pakistani. This dish is sometimes eaten in Bangladesh. The eggplant (Baingan) is grilled over direct fire.It tastes good with jowar roti’s and chapati’s. Baingan bharta, also known as baingan ka bharta, is a char-grilled Punjabi vegetarian accompaniment known for its rich aroma and flavour. Baingan bharta although made throughout the year, is especially savoured during winters.
Baingan bharta was first prepared by the Punjabis. It has been a popular Punjabi dish for a long time.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 Medium size eggplant (Baingan, brinjal)
- 1 Medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped to garnish
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Small cup yoghurt
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Apply oil to the Baingan and keep it on the fire till it is roast and the skin starts to peel off and now take it off from fire and peel off the skin.
- Take a pan on heater add oil once hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till golden brown.
- Add green chillies and turmeric powder and fry it.
- Now add the Baingan to the onion and smash it with the spoon and fry it along with onion for sometime.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Allow it to cool and then add the yoghurt (curd) to it and mix well.
- Garnish it with coria
- Serve it with jowar Roti or chapati.