Sabudana Khichadi is a maharashtrian recipe. It is made from Sabudana, potato and peanut powder. It is the dish of choice when somebody is observing a fast.
Sago is nearly pure carbohydrate and has very little protein, vitamins, or minerals. The addition of Peanuts to Sabudana Khichadi adds to the protein, vitamins and minerals content making it a complete dish. The Sabudana Khichadi is filling in nature and has a high energy content, therefore, it serves as ideal food during fasting.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves 2 people
- 150 Grams Sabudana (Tapioca)
- 3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 Medium size potato grated
- 1 Small Cup roasted peanut powder
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp jeera and mustard seeds
- A pinch of hing
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Soak the Sabudana in water for 5 to 10 mins then drain all the water and keep it with the closed lid for 6 to 7 hrs.
- Take a pan on heater add oil once hot add mustard seeds allow it to crackle.
- Add jeera, hing, turmeric powder and green chillies fry it.
- Add grated potatoes and fry it till they are cooked.
- Add salt and mix well then add the Sabudana to it but continuously stir it till the Sabudana is cooked well. (It takes time for Sabudana to be cooked)
- Add roasted peanut powder to it and mix well.
- Now add lemon juice mix well and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.