Rava Laddu is prepared during paksha masam. This sweet is very simple to prepare and very delicious.
Preparation Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 10 Laddu’s
- 1 Cup Rava Sooji ( fine semolina)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 Cup grated coconut
- 4 to 5 Cashew nuts cut into pieces
- 8 to 10 Raisins
- 3 to 4 Tbsp ghee ( clarified butter)
- 1 Cup Water
- Fry the cashew nuts in the ghee till golden brown and keep aside.
- Now fry the Rava Sooji in the ghee till we get nice aroma also add grated coconut and fry for 3 to 4 mins.
- Now keep the sugar for boiling (3/4 cup sugar in 1 cup water) till it makes thick syrup. ( when touched with hand it should stick)
- Now add sugar syrup to Rava also add cardamom powder, cashew nuts and raisins mix well.
- Once the Rava is cooled sprinkle some milk drops or water to it and make the laddu’s.